- If you don't have a login yet create an account
- Choose an investigation you want to use with your class(es).
- Click on the Support Materials link under each investigation on the Teacher Support page to locate the teachers’ Instructional Guide and students’ Research Assistant Notebook for the investigation you are using.
- Review each Investigation by clicking on the Start button for the investigation you have selected.
- Print out Research Assistant Notebooks or import into your preferred digitally based tool (i.e. Google Docs).
- Review assessment tools for each investigation in the Support Materials on the Teacher Support page.
- Schedule computers and time blocks for implementation.
- If you would like to help us with program evaluation or provide program feedback, please contact Madlyn Larson.
We've worked to keep this simple - you need one internet-enabled computer or tablet per two students and the ability to print a Research Assistant Notebook for each student (a fancy name for the templates students use to keep track of their thinking). It is also handy if you have access to a projection system to play several short, web-based videos for your students. Or, you can have your student groups work at their own pace and watch the videos on their own computers. In that case, headphones may be helpful. Note, we also have closed-captioning in English and Spanish should you want to use this feature.
Research Quest has been designed to be easy to use, as outlined above. If you would like to participate in a workshop to become more familiar with the investigations, click here for a list of upcoming workshop dates.